IV Infusion Therapy
Everything You Need to Know About IV Infusion Therapy
By: Madalena Macht
Stellar Aesthetics is excited to announce IV infusion therapy as a new service! We heard your requests, and we are finally delivering! With a new service, means a lot of new questions. Take your time to read through the top asked questions to see if IV infusion therapy is right for you!
What is IV Vitamin Infusion Therapy?
Intravenous (IV) vitamin therapy like the ones being offered at the aesthetics & wellness services in Pineville, NC is a way to give high concentrations of vitamins and minerals directly into the bloodstream, allowing rapid absorption of higher doses of the vitamins and minerals than if you were to get them through food or consumption.
What Should I expect at my appointment?
When you first walk through our door, you’ll be greeted by one of our patient care coordinators, and you will receive paperwork to fill out before your appointment begins. Lindsay, our amazing nurse injector, will then walk you back to our cute and cozy IV room for your treatment. Your vitals will be taken, and Lindsay will run through how the treatment works and answer any questions or concerns you have. Once you’re relaxing in the recliner with your vitamin IV drip, you’ll be able to relax for an hour and can choose to use the iPad located in the room, scroll on your phone, read a book, or simply relax and enjoy some you time. Once the IV infusion is done, Lindsay will explain any aftercare with you and make sure you’re feeling amazing!
What is the After Care I Need to Follow After an IV Vitamin Infusion?
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated, drink 10 or more cups of water (0.5 gallon) for the following 48 hours.
- On the day of your treatment, and for the next 72 hours, avoid drinking any alcohol.
- Apply pressure to the site for 2 minutes after IV has been removed.
- Keep the band-aid in place for one hour.
- Do not engage in strenuous exercise for 24 hours post-treatment.
- Use ice packs to reduce any swelling, stiffness and bruising from the IV Vitamin Therapy
- Any swelling should be significantly reduced in 24 hours.
- Post IV infusion symptoms are uncommon.
- Dehydration is the cause of most symptoms and concerns.
5 Benefits You Should Know
- Helps cure hangovers
- Increases physical performance
- Combats aging and enhances beauty
- Boosts the immune system
- Promotes weight loss
How Long Do the Effects of Vitamin Infusions Last?
IV fluids don’t usually stay in your body for more than several hours, but the vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients in any given IV drip infusion will remain in your body for days, weeks, or months to come. It all depends on what exactly your body needs and what type of infusion you choose!
How Will I Feel After IV Vitamin Therapy?
You’ll start to feel the positive effects right away as the IV fluids replenish hydration and electrolytes. Most people leave feeling energized and refreshed and enjoy the benefits for some time after the treatment.
We’ve seen firsthand how customized, professionally applied lash extensions, brows, injectables, and more can take a woman’s confidence to the next level time and time again. It’s about feeling like the best version of you, day in and day out, in a way that inspires and motivates you.Book Appointment