What to Expect for an Injection Appointment
Everything You Need to Know for an Injection Appointment.
By: Madalena Macht
If you’re thinking about getting filler or any wrinkle relaxer such as botox, but you don’t know what to expect, then you’re in the right place! Any injection appointment can be scary if it’s your first time. It’s important to only get procedures done by reputable clinics like this Injectables Winnipeg clinic. Here you will learn how to prepare for your botox injections, what to expect during, and what to expect for post care.
How to prepare for an injection appointment.
- Come with no makeup on and a clean face.
- Your skin needs to be clean for any botox injection sites. If you come with makeup on just know that your skin will be cleansed by our injector and will be taken off.
- No consumption of alcohol 3 days before your appointment
- Alcohol thins your blood which can increase your chance of bruising and bleeding near your injection sites.
- No consumption of caffeine the day of your appointment
- It’s not the end of the world if you have your morning cup of coffee but caffeine will give you a higher chance of bruising near injection sites.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your appointment.
- All new clients will have paperwork to fill out upon entering Stellar Aesthetics.
What to expect during your treatment.
- After filling out your paperwork, our injector will take you back to our injecting room where you will have a consultation and discuss the best approach to help fulfill your facial aesthetic goals. You will also be able to talk about pricing options and payment plans.
- If you’re feeling anxious, we have a variety of calming tools that we offer.
- Stress balls.
- Weighted shoulder blanket
- Handheld fans
- Knee booster for comfortability
- Ice packs
- Vibrating distraction took for your face.
- Throughout the appointment you will be notified when you will feel a little pinch or poke and be walked through which area of the face is being treated.
Aftercare to follow post appointment.
Aftercare is so important to follow post injections to keep healing as smooth as possible for you.
Wrinkle relaxers aftercare (Botox, Dysport, Jeuveau).
- No laying down for 4 hours
- No working out for 24 hours
- No make up the rest of the day
- No saunas
- No activities that will make you sweat
- Physical activity
- Steam rooms
- Hot oyga
- No touching your face near the injection site
- No massaging your face
- While washing your face use light pressure on injection sites.
Dermal filler aftercare (lip, chin, cheek, and jaw)
- No rigorous activity, take it easy.
- No touching your injection sites.
- Gentle cleansing
- No massaging near or on injection sites unless instructed otherwise.
- Ice to reduce inflammation and pain.
- 15-minute intervals every few hours or as needed for pain and swelling
- Disinfect your icepack every time you ice to keep injection sites clean with an alcohol wipe or alcohol.
- No make up the rest of the day
- Sleep on your back
- No straws up to week for lip fillers
- Tylenol for pain
Most importantly, schedule a 2 week follow up with our injector! Filler and wrinkle relaxers take a full 14 days to settle. It is important to attend a follow up appointment because this is the perfect time to make any adjustments or add more filler or wrinkle relaxers if needed.
We’ve seen firsthand how customized, professionally applied lash extensions, brows, injectables, and more can take a woman’s confidence to the next level time and time again. It’s about feeling like the best version of you, day in and day out, in a way that inspires and motivates you.Book Appointment